When a technology cannot be fully developed due to a lack of Funding, that can cause both it and the targeted program to "die". This
funding shortfall or "Gap" in a technology program is commonly known as the "Valley of Death".
are a number of challenges in Transitioning a technology to a Program of Record (POR).
- There is no “one one-size fits all” Technology
- Obtaining Funding is difficult due to the Valley of Death gap when transitioning from technology development
to product development
- Starting from scratch without a prior, existing customer relationship will take time
- Matching need with capabilities
can add complexity to the Transition process
- Breaking the status quo can be challenging
- Additionally, a small business may be perceived
as a risk to a Program of Record
Janan has worked with numerous companies to assist them in overcoming and crossing the Valley of Death
to achieve Transition success in their product sales.
Vision without a Plan is Hallucination
© 2019 Janan BizDev - All Rights Reserved
The Valley of Death